The kitchens of Evolve Back are famed for the originality and sumptuousness of their platters. Made from the freshest and finest produce, and served in some of the most spectacular settings, the Evolve Back repast offers an extensive selection of the finest in Indian and Continental cuisines. Our table also boasts a creative vernacular flavour with chefs conjuring up delicacies inspired by the local food idiom.
The two restaurants at Evolve Back, Hampi are dedicated to the gourmet in you. While they offer a fine selection of continental and Indian cuisine, they are primarily inspired by the Vijayanagara Empire.
Royala Igaru – prawns in Andhra style gravy
Prawns: 800 gms
Onion: 100 gms
Tomato 100 gms
Ground pepper: 50 gms
Cumin seeds: 20 gms
Curry leaves: 60 gms
Coriander leaves: 40 gms
Turmeric powder: 30 gms
Coriander powder: 50 gms
Salt as required to taste
Oil: 60 gms
Tamarind / lemon: 20 gms
Cumin powder: 50 gms
Red chilli: 40 gms
Ginger 50 gms
Garlic: 50 gms
Green chilli: 50 gms
Fresh coriander: 40 gms
1. Clean and marinate the prawns with some salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and lemon juice.
2. Soak the tamarind in Luke warm water
3. Heat oil, add cumin, curry leaves green chilli and chop onions and saute
4. Add marinated prawns and mix well adding all powder spices and chop tomatoes, ginger garlic paste and salt
5. Once prawns’ cooks, add tamarind water and simmer till its thick consistency.
6. Finish with fresh chop coriander